Dental Implants in Prairieville, LA
Living with a failing or missing tooth impacts your life in a number of ways, usually involving activities that we often take for granted. For example, eating may become difficult and even painful with a missing tooth. You may also feel self-conscious about your smile when you are smiling or talking to other people, and this can impact your confidence.
The good news is that modern dentistry offers excellent solutions for replacing teeth, and Dr. Palm can help you.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is comprised of three parts that work together to restore your tooth. The implant post is made of biocompatible titanium, and it is placed into your bone to act like your natural root and create a foundation for your new tooth. An abutment is used to attach your crown to your implant after the appropriate healing time has passed.
Your new tooth is a high-quality porcelain crown customized by Dr. Palm to match your existing teeth and imitate your lost tooth in shape, shade, and form. The entire implant process takes four to six months to complete and delivers a tooth that closely mimics your own and complements your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants have quickly become the industry’s gold standard of tooth replacement for a number of reasons, such as:
- They closely mimic the look and feel of your natural tooth.
- They protect your oral health by replacing both your root and your tooth. Without replacing your tooth, your bone would begin to dissolve and your remaining teeth would start to shift, causing your bite to become misaligned.
- You will enjoy all the function of eating, chewing, talking, and smiling that you had before.
- Caring for your implant is easy since you can brush and floss normally.
- We restore the aesthetics of your smile with a customized porcelain crown.
- You will enjoy great longevity since your implant can potentially last a lifetime with excellent home care and regular dental checkups.
- Long-term, implants are the most cost-effective replacement option for compromised teeth.
- Implants are a very predictable treatment, boasting a 95% success rate.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Dr. Palm can help determine if dental implants are the right treatment for you during a consultation. With a thorough examination and some x-rays, he can ensure that you have enough healthy bone structure to support the implant and that you are in good overall health. These are the factors required to ensure the success of your dental implant.
Don’t let a compromised tooth affect your quality of life any longer!