How can we help you?
At Palm Family Dentistry, we are your partners in achieving and maintaining optimum oral health. We know sometimes you will have questions about certain procedures or your oral health, and we welcome those questions.
We've compiled a list here of the questions we hear the most, but if yours is not answered here, you can always call our office and talk to our helpful and friendly staff.
Throughout the spread of COVID-19, your Prairieville dental office has been practicing strict sterilization protocols while we monitor the situation closely.
As your emergency dentists during a pandemic, it is our responsibility to help patients manage pain and infection so we can keep them safe and away from emergency rooms.
Go to Your Dentist If You Feel Tooth Pain
Dental pain is never a normal occurrence and is usually an indicator of decay, disease, infection, or trauma. Infections and disease can quickly spread to your other teeth if left untreated, and the pain will only continue to get worse.
As your dental healthcare providers, we never want our patients to suffer or compromise their dental health.
If you are in pain or have a broken tooth, a knocked-out tooth, or other injuries to your mouth, please see us. Dentists all across the US can see their patients during the COVID-19 shut down if they have a dental emergency.
What Are Dental Emergencies?
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- Root canal treatment
- Jaw pain
- Tooth pain
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Accident or trauma
- Broken dentures
- Loose or lost dental crown
- Loose or lost dental filling
- Abscessed tooth
- Pain after a dental extraction
- Fractured tooth
- Suture removal
If you are experiencing uncontrolled bleeding, we recommend you go directly to the ER.
Are You Experiencing a Dental Emergency?
If you are going through pain or stress related to your oral health, do not hesitate to call Palm Family Dentistry today. Emergency dentist, Dr. Daniel Palm, will be able to diagnose and treat your emergency along with managing your pain.
Call our Prairieville dental office today.
Palm Family Dentistry welcomes all emergency patients, even if you've never been to our office before. We have two convenient locations in Baton Rouge and Prairieville to meet your needs, and we make every effort to see emergency patients the same day if possible.
We know this is a stressful time, and we'll work quickly to get you feeling comfortable again and back on the path to wellness. Here are some common dental emergencies and tips for handling them until you can get to our office:
- A broken tooth: Contact us right away and bring as many pieces of your tooth as you can to Dr. Palm for treatment.
- Dental pain or a toothache: This may indicate an infection in your tooth. Call us as soon as possible as root canal therapy may be able to preserve your tooth and eliminate your pain and infection.
- A tooth knocked out: Time is of the essence in this situation, and you should contact us right away as Dr. Palm has the best chance of saving your tooth the quicker we can treat it.
- A broken or lost restoration: This will need repair in order to avoid further damage to your tooth. Give us a call.